Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Days

I was listening to NPR this morning and they were talking about how most of the schools in Connecticut were closed today as there will be heavy snow during the afternoon commute. I remember the snowday growing up. I had to get up and get all ready to go and then sit and watch the blue scroll along the bottom of the television screen, waiting to see my school district listed. Sadly, my school district was the toughest, and always determined to get us into the classroom, but we still manged to have our fair number of days off. I remember feeling like the younger brother in " A Christmas Story" a few times: so bundled up you could barely move, still cold, but happy to be out in the snow. And now, I like to visit the snow, but not live in it, or drive in it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes waiting to get to the S's was always a forever wait...and that Simsbury was always off!