Sunday, December 21, 2008

Movie Motion Madness

Last night I had my monthly date night with my sweetie. We've been quite successful this year with having a date night once a month for the last year, even during our busiest months. We went to Outback Steakhouse, which was packed, but we were smart and did call ahead seating, so we only waited for about 10 or 15 minutes for a table. And after having been there numerous times I have finally found the right combo of items that satisfy my taste buds but doesn't kill my calorie count for the day. I order all add-ons and make it into an entire: 5 shrimp, 4 scallops, and a baked potato with the works. Yum.

After our meal we went to the movies to see the latest James Bond flick. The last time we went to the movies we also saw an action flick with alot of camera movement, and after last night I have come to a conclusion. I get motion sickness from the big screen. We usually sit in the middle of the theater and something about the way the latest action flicks are being shot, with jumping from camera to camera, makes me dizzy and nauseous. I barely made it through the Bourne Ultimatum, and last night was the same deal. As soon as the movie is over and I've stood up I'm fine.

If anyone has ever been on the Simpson's ride at Universal, where you have this big screen really close and you're in that moving roller coaster car, I experienced the same feeling I had on that ride as I did at the movies, and that was one ride I never want to go on again. So next time we're going to sit in the very back of the theater and see what happens.

1 comment:

KatBouska said...

Merry Christmas!! I just stumbled into your blog when I searched gluten free cooking...my daughter was recently diagnosed with an allergy to gluten and I'm on a mission to learn as much about it as possible.

Not to mention find some edible gluten free meals! Nice to meet you!