Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Babbling Balderdash

Halloween seems to mark the beginning of the rainy season in Northern California, and with it comes the joy of living in this particular apartment complex, where the tile and rain gutter on the corner of this building doesn't seem to be allied properly and you literally have to walk through a waterfall every time you're coming or going. Yet I can get past that annoyance when there is good food and fun to come.

After 48 hours of continuous salsa making I didn't really have the time or the energy to make something extraordinary for game night, but a friend of mine certainly came prepared, with the cutest olive and cream cheese penguin appetizers I've ever seen. Add some Aidell's mini franks with Oli's Cranberry Sweet 'n Spicy, some chips and guacamole, and some delicious chocolate cupcakes, you're got yourself one nice spread.

We had some laughs playing balderdash, and I actually stumped 3 people on the first round, which was a record for me. Although this game does require some thinking so it's not the best choice when you're pretty tired.

We also had some laughs watching little Ethan, Jamie & Preston's son, bust a move to Mike's music choices, and poking Mike in the eye. Kids do the darnedest things, don't they? The last time we saw Ethan he was just starting to stand, and now he's walking around with the cutest little sneakers on. Maybe it's that I really like things that are miniature: tiny shoes, and bite size foods, and I even think all those miniature dollhouse accessories have a certain appeal. The one thing I really love about babies is their curiosity, but I'll leave the mothering to those with a true maternal instinct. Even Mike said don't get any ideas...what I'm really wondering is where can I get some cute monkey pajamas.

No comments: