Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Salsa Bean Soup

My husband looked at me a little funny when he asked for dinner and I told him salsa bean soup.  Once he ate a bowl, he wanted a second, and confessed it was absolutely delicious.
In the making process I realized it was probably the way some people make chili- with a can of salsa.  In any case, the type of salsa will either make or break this recipe.  I used homemade salsa that I am absolutely in love with, and a can of drained cannelloni beans. Heat them together, and that's about it. I topped it with Daiya Cheese, avocado, and some tofutti sour cream.

I had previously calculated the cost of my homemade salsa at $2.00 a jar, and with that knowledge I was able to determine that it was only $2.09 a servings, including all the dairy free toppings.

No comments: