Monday, December 19, 2011

Might be Minestrone

For the month of December every Sunday is a soup day. I made up a batch of something sort of like minestrone soup. I took a cue from a fellow blogger, Poor Girl Eats Well, with a few tweaks of course. I used rice, while her recipe called for couscous, and I left out the spinach. I used the last bits of turkey meat leftover from Thanksgiving in this batch and well, it was pretty good. I kept my veggies pretty chunky, since I like more of a chowder feel, while my husband blended up some of his and made it more of a consistent texture across the board.

According to Kimberly over at Poor Girl Eats Well, this dish serves 8 and only costs $0.88 a serving, and depending on where you shop (my veggies came from the farmer's market), I'd say her estimate is close on.

Next up in for Soup Sunday is Potato Cauliflower Chowder.

No comments: