Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes

Oh ya, I did it. I put zucchini in my cake! Normally it's zucchini bread or zucchini brownies, and you ask yourself, do you like zucchini that much? This little experiment of how to use excess zucchini taught me something; something that you may or may not have known.

Unlike adding carrot to cake, which changes the flavor, zucchini does not seem to change flavor; in fact we did not even notice the cake had zucchini in it.  Mainly it just moistened the cake.

Now I understand why I'm usually hearing about zucchini brownies from parents- it's a great way to sneak veggies into your diet. I  used 4 cup of grated zuchhni in my cake batter. I added some frosting and some sprinkles, and took them to a holiday party. They looked very festive and no one had a clue they had zucchini in them until I told them; plus they didn't care or notice they were gluten free either. The entire lot of them were gone by the end of the night. Don't trust me on this one? Well try it for yourself and let me know what you think.

No comments: