Monday, October 31, 2011

Zucchini & Cheese Appetizers

I experimented with eggplant last week, so this week I decided to play with zucchini. My husband supposedly hates squash of all kinds, but hen you add cheese to the mix, how can you hate something, right?  I found a super simple recipe for these grilled zucchini roll-ups on Health.com, and I tweaked it a little.


I made sure to pat off the extra moisture the zucchini had after being grilled, let them cool, and then instead of goat cheese I used a cashew cheese with some lemon juice and spread it on the zucchini.  Add fresh spinach leaves, although after eating we agreed they would be even better if the spinach was slightly blanked, fresh herbs if you like, and roll.  That's it.  A great, easy, health finger food for parties, as a side, or an appetizer.

2 comments:

Olinda said...

I will have to try this with a little BBQ sauce on the inside, top with spinach and melted Daya cheese of choice. Sounds good!

Olinda said...

I will have to try this with a little BBQ sauce on the inside, top with spinach and melted Daya cheese of choice. Sounds good!