Monday, October 3, 2011

Amande Yogurt

If you're dairy free there have been an assortment of alternative milk options on the market for some time: rice, soy, coconut, hemp, and almond. There has been yogurt of varieties too, but almond yogurt is a newer one to the market. We are primarily an Almond Breeze milk household, so I figured my husband, who tries to avoid dairy, would like this yogurt.

However, surprisingly, he disliked it. He actually asked me "what is this crap?"  I personally think he is off his rocker as I love this stuff.  The peach isn't bad, but the blueberry is my favorite.  I think it's great that it is fruit juice sweetened, which means it has no added sugar. It's not as creamy and smooth as your typical yogurt; it's thick, some might think on the verge of chunky, but not. For a dairy free yogurt I find it pleasing to the pallet and not overly expensive. Have you tried this yet?  What are your thoughts?

No comments: