Friday, September 23, 2011

Avocado Beauty Products

I have come to love avocados, and avocado potato chips, so when I came across chapsticks, soap, and body products made from avocado oil I had to give it a go. Bella Vado, a southern California company,  produces avocado oil, which is high in monounsaturated fats (otherwise known as the good fats :-)  because they can actually reduce your cholesterol). They then use their avocado oil to make various beauty products.  I tried their sweet orange avocado chapstick and their avocado hair pomade.

The avocado sick is amazing!  It has a very gentle citrus scent, and is a nice soft stick. You'll want to make sure to not leave this one in your car or golf box because it is slightly softer to start than say "Chapstick" brand. It doesn't feel like it's coating my lips but absorbing into them, which is exactly what you want in a good chapstick. It does have a far bit of oils in it, and yet it doesn't feel greasy, and it lasts a pretty long time. Out of all the chapsticks I've tried I'd give this one a 7 out of 10.

As for the pomade, I thought the oils in it would be good for the ends of my hair.  I did accidentally put a little too much in my bangs one day and they just kind of were flat and dead looking for the day, but that was my own flat.  A little goes a long ways and is great for people with a hairdo that requires a little extra firmness to it. Plus it's made with natural ingredients and doesn't smell like chemicals.

(Ingredients: Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, Mango butter, Beeswax, Jojoba Oil, Borage Oil, Vitamin E and Sweet Orange Essential Oil)

No comments: