The Importance of School Nurse Education & How-To Strategies for Parents of Gluten-Free Kids
Webinar on August 25 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM EDT
Announcing NFCA’s Webinar, “The Importance of School Nurse Education & How-To Strategies for Parents of Gluten-Free Kids,” on Thursday, August 25 at 9pm ET/6pm PT.
Join NFCA as Nina Spitzer, President of the Celiac Disease Foundation's Greater Phoenix Chapter, leads this valuable hour-long session about your child's gluten-free needs in and out of the classroom.
Sponsored by Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery, this webinar is free of charge and the only requirement is a working Internet connection!
• Explain the 504 Plan and its impact on the child's rights in the school environment.
• Advise why school nurses should be educated on celiac disease and the gluten-free diet, including a review of their role in the classroom setting.
• Provide a list of school support staff and their appropriate roles in accommodating a celiac child's needs.
• Share strategies on how parents can maneuver the school year with their gluten-free child.
• Offer tips and suggestions on how parents can create a safe and healthy gluten-free school environment, including recipes and common challenges in the classroom's social setting, such as lunch and snack time, birthday parties and field trips.
Watch & Win!
Three webinar participants will be randomly selected to win a prize pack from Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery. Each winner will receive:
• 100% organic cotton t-shirt.
• Large canvas bag ready for your next grocery trip!
• Kitchen items, including a refrigerator magnet, a sticky note set to track your grocery list, and a clip to keep your Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery bread fresh.
• 1$ off coupon for your next Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery purchase.
Note: A recording of each Webinar will be posted along with the Webinar slides within 72 hours after the live Webinar ends. To download recorded Webinars and slides, visit the Archived Webinars page.
Space is limited, so reserve your Webinar seat now!After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.