Friday, April 16, 2010

Yerba Mate Energy Shots

Lately I've been exploring the world of energy drinks, because let's face it, we all need a pick me up for those days where we wake up feeling zonked, fatigued, and unmotivated. I generally don't have too many morning like this, but I'm not a morning person, and so sometimes I stay up way too late and have to wake up early the next day. But I digress....
I decided to try out this all natural organic energy shot from Guayaki. They make bottled teas, loose leaf teas, and these small energy shots. The shots come in three flavors: Lemon, Chocolate Raspberry, and Lime Tangerine, with the latter being the one I tried. This product is certainly an acquired taste; in fact it made me pucker from what I would describe as a tart, bitter taste. However, if you can get past the taste, I only drank half of this shot, and was energized for about 6 hours. And I'm not super sensitive to caffeine, meaning if I have some at breakfast time I'd still be wired at bed time and have a difficult time falling asleep. Therefore, it's great for a burst of energy, but isn't something I would enjoy drinking.

No comments: