Monday, January 18, 2010

Super Mario Brothers Wii!

Thanks to a gift card given to us at Christmas time, we decided to use the free money for a new game. We have a pretty big selection of boardgames and card games, and we had a few Nintendo wii games, so we weren't quite sure what kind of game we wanted to buy, but in the end we bought Super Mario Brothers Wii.

When I was young I had Super Nintendo system, and remember playing Mario Brothers...I hated the one castle with all the skeleton creatures. Anyhow, this game brings me back to my childhood. I can see why it was voted one of the top 10 games of 2009.

I'm not sure why, but for some reason I was thinking that this game would work similar to Mario Kart, in which each player gets a piece of the screen and races with or against others to complete a level. However, Mario Brothers Wii is interesting when you're playing in multiple player mode. All of your characters play together, so you really need to work as a team to complete every level. I love the levels with Yoshi; he's a favorite character, and it just happens that I also choose Yoshi as my character for Mario Kart.

Games are cool, and video games are fun, but it aggravates me to all hell when people get "addicted" to video games, and spend all their free time staring at a screen. Their is more to life: you know, like fresh air, but hey, games can be a nice, fun, and social activity, especially when it's rainy outside.

No comments: