Thursday, January 21, 2010

More Birthday Fun

So I had an awesome night last week bowling with some friends, and on my actual birthday, midweek, I had a nice evening with my hubby. Using the last of such an awesome gluten free product, Choice Batter, my birthday dinner consisted of fried shrimp and mozzarella sticks.
I had my doubts about the mozzarella sticks, as I have tried many times to make gluten free mozzarella sticks at home, but theses were beautiful. (In no way was I paid to say this is an awesome product, I just love it that much!)
For dessert we split one of the fabulous cupcakes I made. We decided to dine on the one that said "Mrs."
I'm not sure what kind of myths their are about candles. Can you have multiple wishes on one candle or do you get a wish per candle? I dunno. I went with three fun candles to go with my three big wishes for the year. Sorry, I can't tell you what I wished for.As for gifts, I was sporting a fresh flower in my hair, an injured soul from my bouquet, and cash in my pocket for new shoes.
Plus...my mom knitted me some awesome booties.
And my best friend got me another set of S & P shakers to add to my collection.
Overall, yet another good birthday.

2 comments:

Olinda said...

Looks like fun! Great candles by the way. You always find interesting stuff. Love the booties, so necessary right now with all the rain and wind. It is coming down in sheets as we speak and the wind is picking up.

The cheese sticks look so gooey good. I wish I could have them but maybe spiced tofu sticks?

Mom said...

Looks like a great B-day despite the stormy weather. Do you remember having all your parties in snow or ice storms in CT when you were little? The wind is horrific here today.