Saturday, December 26, 2009

These Ants Won't Rain on your Parade

Who remembers having Cootie's in the house when they were a kid? I don't think we actually owned it, but I remember playing with it. Anyhow, one of my Christmas gifts completely reminds me of it. Awhile back I decided to start a S & P collection. I promised the hubby I would control the growth of my new collection and wouldn't fill every available surface with S & P shakers, as I've been to the antique mall and now how crazy, out-of-hand it can get.

For Christmas I got a set shaped like ants. Not cute when they're crawling on your kitchen counter, but these are cute and reminded me of this old childhood game. These bring my collection to 7, two of which are part of my other collection, Betty Boop.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Yes you did own Cootie's, I think was a B-Day gift. And the ant salt and pepper are the most unique I've ever seen.

Olinda said...

Great Ants! Our neighbors had a box of cooties at their house and when they watched us they brought it out and that was in the late 50's! Cooties have been around a long time.