Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dave's Pumpkin Patch

Now that's it's October it's time to start thinking about Pumpkins and Halloween. Since the first year my husband and I started dating, we've been carving pumpkins together, and over the years I've discovered Mike has a huge passion for making works of art out of a pumpkin. The last two years he's gotten really good, with multiple layers of light to dark, instead of the simple carve out. I love betty boop, so he made me this fabulous pumpkin:
And then he decided to take it one step further and actually carve our faces into a pumpkin. I think it looks quite realistic:
In addition to our pumpkin carving tradition, and it's more like he does the carving and I bake pumpkin seeds, we have been participating in Dave's Pumpkin Patch Halloween Fair for the last three years. They offer lots of fun for the whole family, from pumpkin picking, to corn mazes, pony rides, vendor booths, and some fabulous food. In fact, people start standing in line around 10:30am for their fabulous rib sandwiches, and you know what goes great with the sandwich? Oli's Sweet 'n Spicy Sauce. Yes, Oli's Products will once again be a vendor at Dave's. Two days of fall festivities; come on by the farm October 17th and 18th. Hope to see ya there.

No comments: