Saturday, June 27, 2009

K is for Cookie

I have a serious sweet tooth, and thus there always is some sort of dessert item in the house. I like to make my own cookies from scratch when I have time, but when life keeps me busy I'm glad there are several tasty gluten free dessert cookies around. My favorite standbys are:
Glutino: Strawberry Flavored Wafers
Pamela's: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
Sun Flour Baking Company: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
Enjoy Life: Snickerdoodles

A friend of mine has been telling me that K-Toos by Kinnikinnick are just like oreos, with either a vanilla or chocolate cookie surrounding the center vanilla goodness. They cost a little more than some of my other favorites, but I figured why not try them. I would agree with my friend that they are similar to oreos, although my husband who has had a regular oreo much more recently than either one of us, feels like they are a little like eating a slightly undercooked cookie with a flour coating. Yet he still sat next to me on the couch and ate 3 in a row, so they must be worth eating. In my humble opinion, if you brought them to a party no one would really know they were gluten free.

No comments: