Friday, March 20, 2009

RiceWork Chips

I've seen the Riceworks Sweet Chili flavor chips at Costco for awhile now, but the flavor did not excite me. However, on my last trip to Super Walmart I found all the flavors Riceworks offers: Sweet Chili, Sea Salt, Salsa Fresca, Parmesan & Sun Dried Tomatoes, Wasabi, and Baked Cinnamon for only $2.66 for a 5.5 oz bag. They are all gluten free, however for those of you who are corn free, I'm sorry to say these are not for you.

I bought a bag of the Parmesan and Sun Dried Tomato ones and they're a nice change to a typical tortilla chip or a potato chip. They're more of a thick chip, with a nice dusting of seasoning. Their primary ingredient is brown rice so the serving size is small because rice is rice, whether it's white or brown, and the calories can quickly add up. I wouldn't buy them every time I want a snacky crunch, but if you're having a get together, or just want a more gourmet chip that's not greasy, give 'em a try.

No comments: