Friday, October 24, 2008

Foodie Fanatic

I'm a food lover, plan and simple, and this week in particular has been especially focused on food.

Monday I made homemade pesto sauce and served it over shrimp and pasta.

Tuesday I had a fabulous gluten free bagel (by Glutino) and a fruit smoothie.

Wednesday was the most food fabulous day of the week. My best friend and I made a pumpkin cheesecake, and then we attended a local celiac meeting where we got to sample gluten free pizza from Steve's Pizza, in Davis. To top it off after the meeting we headed to Mikuni's for a sushi snack.

Thursday Mike and I had dinner at a friends' house, who made a great broiled filet, and then we got to sample the cheesecake that we made the previous day- deliciously delectable!Friday brought the production of homemade pasta sauce, and for dinner tonight a grilled chicken salad with an episode of diggnation; something that seems to be becoming a tradition in our house.

2 comments:

Jamie and Preston said...

ok, YUM! All of that sounds so good! Maybe I should hire you as my families personal chef...

Olinda said...

OHHHhhhhhh, sounds so good. The pumpkin cheese cake has got me riled up. Do you think it could be made with alternative milk such as coconut milk? or Alternative cream chees????Talk to me.